EXPLAIN 1: THE CRUSADES
Developing our Understanding-Task #3: Finding the "Where?"
TASK #3: "Where did the Crusades take place?"
1. Open your word document "The Crusades".
2. Copy and paste the question "Where did the Crusades take place?" on the document below your TASK #2 work.
3. Visit the links listed below to find an answer to the question. (Hint: If there are a lot of links, your teacher probably wants you to view them all and not just find the answer on the first one.) While looking for the answer, you will need to consider:
- What route(s) did the Crusaders take?
- How did the physical geography (climate, topography, distances/size) influence the Crusades?
- How did cultural geography (human element) influence the Crusades?
How Stuff Works-map
4. Choose the information that best answers the questions and copy and paste it onto your word document "The Crusades". Make sure your information answers the question completely. (Hint: Your information needs to address the bulleted questions, too.). If you need to copy and paste a map, you may do that.
5. Under your answers, copy and paste the urls that you used. There are more sites for this task, so be sure to identify the correct url for each piece of information you copied and pasted.
6. Under the urls, copy, paste, and answer the the bulleted questions in your own words.
7. Be prepared to discuss your response in Dialogue Center.